Coffee And....

Coffee And....

Tuesday, April 19, 2011



Advice..Looking to buy some fabric for curtains or valences?
The windows aren't big and soo all the light i can get are great. Only 2 window in the living room.

My question is..Would long curtains on each side of the windows with fabric hanging onto the floor. Be too Much fabric? Or just Valences be enough?
I also wondered since my couches have olive color in it..that that's what i should go with.
The Dark cabinet and book shelf being espresso color..Would that bring too much brown.

The shiny gold color just doesn't go anymore?

I also have an out side door with a small window.

I really need comments now.

I Wish Jenni were here:)

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Okay, MJ, I'll try to have an intelligent opinion here... :-) I think the long panels would be fine if you can keep them to the sides of the window. I think valence might look funny since the windows are more tall and narrow. But I like the look of the swag on the one window. Then you have sort of a valance with a bit coming down the sides. I have no idea if swags are still in style. :-) As far as color, I think you could bring out whatever you like. Brown or olive? It's hard for me to see the colors in the picture. That's all i know for now. :-P

MJ said...

Jenni I really do appreciate your comment...I know you think and i like that: )
I like the panel idea..think sheer or just plain fabric?

It soo nice to toss ideas around with someone.
I didn't know looking for advice would be difficult:(

I was with a friend last night..she wasn't much help.